OUR LATEST NEWS
- December: Several of our articles are published including the data obtained from the winter oceanographic cruise on the Estuary and Gulf of St. Lawrence, the U isotope record in Neotproterozoic marine shales (0.6-1.0 Ga), and other works (see Publications).
- September: Welcome to Ruby Wetzl to join us as a MSc student to work on rare earth elements in agricultural soils of Ontario.
- August: Our latest publication in a collaboration with colleagues from the First Institute of Oceanography (China) investigates how hydrothermal vents affect the geochemistry of the elements in the Okinawa Trough.
- June/July: Our latest articles (3) are now online, see Publications. They addressed either the history of water contamination in the Thi Vai River (Vietnam) or rare earth elements contamination associated with past U mining history in Ontario (Canada). In this light, the latest publication reviewed the Abundance, Extraction, Applications, and Environmental Impacts of rare earth elements and develop circularity concepts for future development of these critical elements in our high-tech and low-carbon economy.
- June: Welcome to Ashlyn Kernaghan and Minh Duong to join us as summer research associates this summer and graduate students in the upcoming semesters.
- May: Trent News featuring ENIGMA research and Huy's nomination in the Vietnam’s top 20 under 35: https://www.trentu.ca/news/story/30209
- April: Our latest article on the role of tropical mangrove forests in governing the biogeochemistry of rare earth elements is now online. This is the first work redefining the role of this atypical ecosystem wrt the dissolved loading of the elements.
- Trent News featuring ENIGMA research and Huy's Golden Globe in Science and Technology for Early Career Scientists: https://www.trentu.ca/news/story/28771
- Anique is onboard the Amundsen icebreaker for a sampling trip (Feb 28 to March 14, 2020); she collected water, suspended particles and biological samples to investigate biogeochemical cycles of nutrients and emergent pollutants in the Saint-Lawrence river in Winter.
See the CBC-Info broadcast.
- Our most recent publication on novel thiomolybdate species is published on Talanta. We showed a few series of reactions between molybdenum and sulfides using advanced mass spectrometry.
- We just published an article on how kinetic models could be applied for the geochemistry of pollutants, especially for the release of Pb from contaminated sediments during resuspension events. This article is in memory of our dear colleague and friend, Cedric Garnier.
- Welcome to Anique Chatzis who will join us as an MSc student (2019-2021).
- Welcome to Hang Nguyen and Rose Zhang who will join us as summer students (July-August 2019).